Obs & Gyane
Madhuraj Hospital- Department of obstetrics & Gynaecology provides expert treatment along with specialist services for special disease groups. Women of different age groups have different health concerns, which are appropriately assessed and addressed with the utmost care. With every stage of a woman’s life comes changes in her body and different health issues are faced at different stages. Madhuraj Hospital offers world-class and comprehensive care for women. Our renowned specialists offer their expert opinion on preventive measures, ensure accurate diagnosis and provide suitable treatment. The team at the Centre for Obstetrics and Gynaecology is known to deal with the most complex disorders or diseases related to the female reproductive tract. Our doctors are highly experienced and skilled to cater to women of different age groups – from teenagers to senior citizens. The hospital provides comprehensive treatment for fibroids including open myomectomies unsuitable for endoscopic (keyhole) surgery. Fortis ensures the total safety and comfort of women patient as well as their children. Our team performs procedures that are completely safe and are well tested. The procedures performed include amniocentesis, Ultrasonography and chorionic villus sampling, which help in early detection of many problems. The department also focuses on expert counselling and quality care on matters related to infertility management, family welfare, menopause management, prenatal diagnosis, reconstructive surgery and pelvic floor medicine.
From primary obstetrical and gynaecological health care to advanced techniques, we offer the best comprehensive care for women, under one roof. We are equipped with the world-class facilities to enable our experts to provide the best treatment to a woman at different stages of her life. Our specialists deal with all diseases and disorders relating to female reproductive organs involving the uterus, fallopian tubes, cervix, ovaries and vagina.
Our advanced technologies enable timely and accurate fetal screening and diagnosis that further allow our doctors to meet the unique and specific needs of the babies while they are in the womb (in-utero). The high-end quality of ultrasound images provides an accurate report on fetal development during pregnancy and an opportunity for the expecting parents to see their unborn baby before birth. We collaborate with other specialities to provide better health for mother and treat abnormalities in an unborn baby, hence significantly improve the best possible outcome for mother and baby. The delivery rooms have been specifically designed while considering all requirements.
Our state-of-the-art operation theatres and post-operative wards are equipped with advanced monitoring systems to ensure patient focused care. We offer range of services from the least invasive to the most advanced technique.
Some Of The Gynaecological Conditions Treated By Our Specialists Are:
- Abnormal Vaginal Discharge
- Cervical Cancer
- Endometrial cancers
- Menstrual Disorders
- Ovarian cancer
- Ovarian Cysts
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Urinary Incontinence
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Vaginal Bleeding
Antenatal care services include:
- Early Pregnancy Scans: A transvaginal ultrasound is performed during 6 weeks of gestation to confirm a healthy pregnancy, calculate the due date of delivery, crown-to-rump length, any abnormal gestation etc. Baby’s heartbeat can also be heard between 6 1/2 to 7 weeks of pregnancy in the ultrasound scan.
- NT Scans: Nuchal translucency scan is performed between week 11 and week 13 of pregnancy to detect chromosomal abnormalities in a fetus such as Down syndrome.
- Anomaly Scans: It is a detailed ultrasound scan performed to examine all organs of baby and to take organ measurements. Anomaly scan is performed between 18-21 weeks of pregnancy.
- Doppler Scan: It is done after 24 weeks, to check the blood flow in different parts of your baby’s body.
Growth Scan: Growth or wellbeing scan is performed between 28-36 weeks of pregnancy to determine the health and growth of baby.
- Multiple Pregnancy Scans: It is performed when you are expecting more than one baby. Multiple pregnancy scan is done to determine whether each fetus has their own placenta and amniotic sac or they share same. These factors determine prognosis and directs further management of pregnancy.
- Nutrition Counselling
Common obstetric complications
- Gestational Diabetes Mellitus
- Hyperemesis Gravidarum (persistent nausea and vomiting
- Mental health conditions such as Depression
- Obesity and weight gain
- Pre-term labor
- Third trimester bleeding
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Abnormal and Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding
- Benign and Malignant Breast Disease
- Cervical Dysplasia and Cancer
- Contraceptive counseling
- Pelvic masses