The Department of General Surgery provides surgical interventions that focus on the endocrine system, gastrointestinal tract, liver, colon, and other major parts of the human body. Some of the common procedures include appendix, gallbladder removals, colonoscopies, thyroidectomies, hernia and bariatric surgeries. The Department also offers proper management to the patients suffering from diseases involving skin, soft-tissue, breast, hernia, and trauma. The department of General Surgery at Fortis provides its patients with the services employing cutting-edge surgical care. The department also specializes in Laparoscopic and robotic surgeries (also known as key-hole surgery or minimally invasive surgery), which helps in providing patients with a variety of treatments in the fields of gynecology, gastroenterology and urology. Using such advanced techniques helps in the speedy recovery of the patients with minimal amount of tissue damage, minimal blood loss, reduced risk of developing infection and hence, minimal pain and discomfort. The general surgery team has its expertise in providing complete patient safety and satisfaction by using all the latest diagnosing and surgical techniques.
The Department of Internal Medicine is a full-fledged facility offering comprehensive care for general and preventive medicine for all ages. The Department has the support and back-up of all super-specialities in the hospital providing end to end services varying from diagnosis, prevention, treatment, wellness, preventive health checks, rehabilitation services and management of various medical conditions.
Department of Internal Medicine is backed by high-end technology and diagnostics that is truly world-class:
- 24×7 Emergency: Emergency services to deal with trauma and urgent care.
- 24×7 Laboratory: Fully automated & NABL Accredited Laboratory (Haematology, Biochemistry – Modular integrated instrument (VERSA CELL) with robotic sample, moving device for biochemistry, immunology and serology investigations, Microbiology – State-of-Art BacT/ Alert 3D Microbial Detection System from BioMerieux, Serology, Immunology, Histopathology, Cytopathology, Immunohistochemistry.
- 24 x 7 Radiology : State-of-the-art spiral CT scan from GE dealing with whole body C T Scan, Coronary angiography, pulmonary, renal, peripheral angiographies, 3 D Ultrasound and colour Doppler (Carotid; Extremities; Renal; Obstetrics & Others), Dexa scan for bone density check, Digital X-ray’s , Portable Digital X Rays, CT Guided Procedures: FNAC, Biopsy, Drainage of Collection, Ultrasound Guided Procedures: FNAC, Biopsy, drainage of Collection, PCN, Special X-Ray Procedures and all types of barium studies: MCU, RGU, IVP, HSG, T-Tube Cholangiogram Fistulogram, Sinogram.
- Preventive Health Check: We have designed various tailor made health check-up packages, which are comprehensive and cost effective. Check-ups are done on daily basis using state-of -art equipment and technology. Results are analyzed by our Senior Consultants. Professional advice, treatment and counseling is provided on the same day, keeping in mind the importance of patient’s time.
- Critical Care Unit: The department provides acute care for those patients who are generally unstable, critically ill and those in urgent advance monitoring and intensive treatments. The critical care team provides a full spectrum of Medical, Cardiac, Surgery and Trauma critical care services to very critical patients. The ICU’s unique design enable nursing and physician staff to have a full view of virtually all patients at all times. Each of the 120 beds has state -of-the-art technology that enables staff to monitor partial signs continually.
We strive to be an ultimate primary healthcare provider by offering comprehensive clinical services like:
- Treatment of Infectious Disease due to seasonal infirmities and tropical Infections like complicated Malaria, Dengue, Chickenguniya
- Management of Chronic Diseases like Arthritis, Asthma, Diabetes, Heart Disease, Medical Emergencies like Septicemia, Diabetic Ketoacidosis, Meningitis, Pneumonia
- Septicemia and septic shock associated multi-organ failure
- Fever of unknown origin
- Management of drug overdoses & poisoning
- Systemic Ailments
- Comprehensive Preventive Health Check
- Geriatric Care : Address certain age-specific conditions like Blood Pressure, Foot disease, Incontinence, Mobility Enhancement, Transitional Care and Palliative Care
- Critical care management of critically ill / immuno – suppressed patients, or suffering from infectious diseases like drug overdose & medical emergencies