GASTROENTROLOGY & GASTRO-SURGERY
The department of Gastroenterology & Gastro Surgery provides comprehensive high-end care for a wide spectrum of gastrointestinal, pancreatic, liver and biliary disorders with the help of a highly qualified, experienced team of Gastroenterologists supported by the state-of-art technology. Our services include Endoscopies (Gastroscopy, Duodenoscopy, Enteroscopy), Colonoscopy, Endoscopic Ultrasound (biopsies and FNAC), Capsule Endoscopy, ERCP, Management of acute/life threatening conditions such as Acute liver failure, GI bleed, Acute pancreatitis, Acute colitis, Biliary sepsis, and Therapeutic procedures such as Polypectomies, Variceal banding, Foreign body removal, GI stenting and Treatment of GI bleed. Our services also include Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG) tube placement, Endoscopic Mucosal Resection (EMR), Balloon dilatation of structures and achalasia, and Biliary procedures such as gall stone removal & Stenting of CBD. The department takes prides in providing compassionate care in a soothing ambience with the focus on patient satisfaction and comfort.
MADHURAJ GASTROENTROLOGY FOR LIVER & DIGESTIVE DISEASES
Doctors and residents have long felt the need for quality medical care for disorders of the liver and digestive tract. Recognizing that patients with gastrointestinal disease have special requirements, the Metro Centre for Liver and Digestive Diseases was set up to provide high quality tertiary level services in gastroenterology and gastrointestinal surgery. Such services, as a cohesive unit, were so far provided only in a handful of India’s premier government institutions. The advantages of a “team” approach i.e. medical and surgical has been well documented in these units and the aim was to extend this to the private sector.
The center has a highly qualified team of doctors which is supported by state of the art equipment such as video endoscopes, laparoscopic surgical equipment, a well equipped ICU and operation theater with an image intensifier. Emergency and elective treatment can be provided for a wide range of liver and digestive disorders from the simplest to the most complex.
- Liver diseases are a prime focus area for the unit and large numbers of patients with acute and chronic liver disease (cirrhosis) due to hepatitis B, C and A and alcohol
- In addition to the management, the medical team provides counseling and education to patients with liver disease related to alcohol, hepatic viruses and carriers for hepatitis B
- Management of liver failure and portal hypertension
- Treatment for acute and chronic pancreatitis
- Upper and lower gastrointestinal bleeding
- Esophageal disorders such as hiatus hernia, reflux motility disorders, varies
- Gastric and duodenal disorders such as peptic ulcer
- Intestinal and colorectal diseases including motility disorders, bleeding, malabsorption, infections, irritable bowel disease, colitis, Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
- Diagnostic esophago-gastric and colonoscopy
- Therapeutic endoscopic management of upper (peptic ulcer, varices) and lower gastrointestinal bleeding
- Endoscopic gastrostomy
- Dilatation and stenting for strictured of the esophagus, stomach/duodenum and colon
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) – diagnostic and therapeutic with extraction of stones, dilatation of strictures and placement of stents.
The following Gastro-Intestinal Surgical procedures are conducted and the diseases treated by our expert and renowned surgeons.
DISEASE OF ESOPHAGUS:
Achalasia: Laparoscopic Heller S Cardiomyotomy
GERD: Laparoscopic Fundoplication
Corrosive Structure: Esophageal Replacement i.e., Coloplastic / Gastric Conduit
Malignancy: Radical Oesophagectomy
DISEASE OF STOMACH:
Acid Peptic Disease: Laparoscopic Highly Selective Vagotomy, Trunal Vagotomy and Gastrojejunostomy
Foreign Body: Laparoscopic removal of foreign body
Malignancy: Radical Gastrectomy
Appendix: Laparoscopic Appendectomy
Benign/ Malignant Disease: Diagnostic laparoscopic, Resection and Anastomosis
Inflammatory Bowel Disease: Laparoscopic / Open Total Proctocolectomy With Ileal-Anal Pouch Anastomosis
Rectal Prolapse:Laparoscopic Rectopexy
Malignancy: Radical Colectomy, Anterior Resection, Low Anterior Resection, APR (Open + Laparoscopic)
Hemorrhoids: Stapled Hemorrhoidectomy
Proctology: Fistulotomy/ Seton Placement for Fistula in Anus, Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy for Anal Fissure.